An experienced family law attorney, Stacy advises clients on divorce, legal separation, paternity, parenting plans and custody disputes, relocation, international child custody disputes, modifications of parenting plans and child support orders, as well as other post-dissolution matters. Stacy is well-respected for her intense advocacy, strong work ethic, pragmatism, and compassion in cases involving both traditional and non-traditional families. She prides herself on providing caring counsel to clients while, at the same time, being a skillful and effective advocate.
In addition to providing empathetic representation, Stacy has the ability to prepare successful strategies in all aspects of family law cases, including complex property divisions and high conflict parenting cases. Stacy frequently speaks on family law issues, such as parenting plans and parenting evaluations.
Marital Dissolutions – Divorce
Parenting Plan/Child Custody Disputes
International Child Custody Disputes
Why Hire The Law Office of Stacy D. Heard, PLLC?
Helping others preserve familial relationships
Stacy chose to practice family law because she enjoys helping people. Family law allows her the opportunity to make a difference in her clients' lives by assisting them in successfully navigating through the distress of domestic relations matters with the goal of preserving relationships. Her desire to help others is also reflected in her devotion to community service. She has volunteered in the legal community throughout her entire career.
Well respected for her intense advocacy
An experienced litigator and negotiator, Stacy is well-respected for her intense advocacy, strong work ethic, pragmatism, and compassion in family law matters. She prides herself on providing caring counsel to clients while, at the same time, being a skillful and effective advocate. She understands that emotions run high in her area of practice.
Stacy understands that the decisions clients make, and the manner in which the case is litigated, affect their lives long-term. Family law is an area of practice that often requires court hearings to resolve matters. While Stacy will not hesitate to take an aggressive stance, she believes that court action is not always necessary. Alternative Dispute Resolution is an effective way to resolve issues between parties and Stacy uses this approach to resolve disputes when appropriate. She works hard to achieve the best results for her clients, regardless of whether their needs are complex or simple, amicable or contested. Stacy approaches each matter with tenacity, dedication, attention to detail, compassion, and commitment to providing her clients with the excellent legal representation they deserve.
She has also shared her knowledge and understanding with colleagues by presenting at continuing legal education seminars.
Active in the community and her field
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Oregon State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, International Section Committee Member
- American Bar Association, International Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) - Board Member
- International Bar Association
- American Society of International Law
- The National Advocates
- Washington Women's Lawyers
- QLaw, the GLBT Bar Association of Washington
- U.S. Department of State Hague Convention Attorney Network Volunteer
- Center for Children and Youth Justice, Lawyer's Fostering Independence Volunteer Attorney
- Attorney Network, King County Bar Association Kinship Care Solutions Volunteer Attorney
- King County Bar Association Family Law/Domestic Violence Clinic Volunteer Attorney, 1999-2010
- Board Member, Homeward Pet Adoption Center, 2007-2011
“Family law attorney Stacy Heard is the pro bono counsel who is helping Feltima file a parenting plan, an order of child support, and a permanent protection order to keep the young mother and her son safe…”
-Center for Children & Youth Justice
- Seattle University School of Law, 1998
- University of Oregon, Bachelor of Arts, International Studies, with Honors
- Universite de Poitiers, Poitiers, France, International Studies, French, Women's Basketball
Stacy Heard is an attorney who practices exclusively family law in Seattle, Washington. Stacy has served clients for over 20 years in the Seattle area. Prior to and during law school, Stacy worked as a family law and civil litigation paralegal for 7 years. Her broad experience in family law includes cases involving complex financial issues, high conflict parenting plan/child custody issues including international custody disputes and Hague Convention cases, relocation, restraining orders, and child support issues. Prior to starting her own practice in 2005, she worked at a large Seattle civil litigation firm where she also gained valuable negotiation and litigation experience. Stacy is a native Oregonian who has called Seattle home for nearly 25 years. She enjoys international travel, the outdoors, and photography. She also loves spending time with her nieces and hanging out with her dog.
She is trained in Alternate Dispute Resolution (mediation and arbitration) and Collaborative Law. She is also qualified as a Title 26 Guardian ad Litem.