Stacy’s clients feel security, confidence, and relief in knowing they have hired the best counsel to serve their needs so they can move on rebuilding their lives.
MARITAL DISSOLUTIONS – DIVORCE
Stacy assists clients in divorces that involve complex financial issues, high-conflict parenting plan/child custody disputes, relocation, restraining orders, and child support.
Stacy assists clients with entering into a binding legal separation instead of a Final Divorce Order. Legal separation involves similar issues presented in divorce cases with a goal of entry of a Final Legal Separation Order. Unlike a Final Divorce Order, a Final Legal Separation Order does not dissolve the marriage and the parties are not divorced upon entry.
PARENTING PLAN/CHILD CUSTODY DISPUTES
- Assisting clients in developing Parenting Plans that are in the best interests of the children
- Working with parenting evaluators to prepare recommendations for parenting plans to the court
- Coordinating with third party professionals for any other necessary evaluations (drug and alcohol evaluations, anger management evaluations, evaluations regarding other addictions)
- Advocating for supervised visitation
- Requesting a parenting coordinator or co-parenting counseling be ordered to assist the parents
INTERNATIONAL CHILD CUSTODY DISPUTES
In addition to domestic custody disputes, Stacy provides advice and assistance in cross-border custody disputes. These services include:
- Helping clients develop a plan and strategy for their unique case
- Coordinating with foreign counsel or foreign parties for a thorough solution
- Addressing complex jurisdictional issues
- Effectively working in cross-culture situations
- Assisting clients with cases involving the Hague Convention of the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Cross-Border Mediation
PARENTING PLAN AND CHILD CUSTODY RELOCATION
- Advising clients in relocation cases involving the Uniform Child Custody Jurisidiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
- Coordinating with out-of-state counsel for comprehensive representation for the client
- Developing a strategy for each client’s distinctive circumstances
- Drafting Parenting Plans in the best interests of the children
- Establishing parentage
- Developing Parenting Plans in cases in which paternity is not disputed
- Drafting Child Support Orders to provide payments made by a parent for the financial benefit of a child following the end of a marriage or other relationship
- Analyzing financial issues relevant to child support orders
- Adjustment and Modification of child support orders
- Assisting clients with entry of restraining orders that address financial issues, use of property, and temporary custody issues.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROTECTION ORDERS
- Assisting clients with entry of orders protecting clients from contact by other parties who have threatened or assaulted clients
- Requesting temporary orders regarding visitation and custody of minor children