Stacy’s clients feel security, confidence, and relief in knowing they have hired the best counsel to serve their needs so they can move on rebuilding their lives.
MARITAL DISSOLUTIONS – DIVORCE
Stacy offers clients a full range of services to family law clients, including assistance with complex financial issues, parenting plan/child custody disputes, relocation, paternity cases, restraining orders, and child support.
Assisting clients with resolution of legal separations and issues also presented in divorce cases with a goal of entry of a Decree of Legal Dissolution. Unlike a Decree of Dissolution of Marriage, a Decree of Legal Dissolution does not order the marriage be dissolved.
PARENTING PLAN/CHILD CUSTODY DISPUTES
- Assisting clients in developing Parenting Plans that are in the best interests of the children
- Working with parenting evaluators to prepare recommendations for parenting plans to the court
- Coordinating with third party professionals for any other necessary evaluations (drug and alcohol evaluations, anger management evaluations, evaluations regarding other addictions)
- Advocating for supervised visitation
- Requesting a parenting coordinator or co-parenting counseling be ordered to assist the parents
INTERNATIONAL CHILD CUSTODY DISPUTES
In addition to domestic custody disputes, Stacy provides advice and assistance in cross-border custody disputes. These services include:
- Helping clients develop a plan and strategy for their unique case
- Coordinating with foreign counsel or foreign parties for a thorough solution
- Addressing complex jurisdictional issues
- Effectively working in cross-culture situations
- Assisting clients with cases involving the Hague Convention of the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
PARENTING PLAN AND CHILD CUSTODY RELOCATION
- Advising clients in relocation cases involving the Uniform Child Custody Jurisidiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
- Coordinating with out-of-state counsel for comprehensive representation for the client
- Developing a strategy for each client’s distinctive circumstances
- Drafting Parenting Plans in the best interests of the children
- Establishing parentage
- Developing Parenting Plans in cases in which paternity is not disputed
- Drafting Child Support Orders to provide ongoing, periodic payments made by a parent for the financial benefit of a child following the end of a marriage or other relationship
- Analyzing financial issues relevant to child support orders
Assisting clients with entry of restraining orders that address property issues, financial issues, child support, spousal support, domestic violence and temporary custody issues.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROTECTION ORDERS
- Assisting clients with entry of orders restraining a party from contact with a client who has been threatened or assaulted by a family or household member
- Requesting temporary orders regarding visitation and custody of minor children